Saturday, September 20, 2008

What NOW is the time for...

Regarding the financial debacle Bush and his cohorts have allowed to happen on their watch through 25+ years of fervent and cynical deregulation, Bush said "Now is not the time to play the blame game."

To which I respond as any rational human would, well, what IS now the time for then, George?

Wasn't it you and your Republican cohorts like Phil Gramm and John McCain, who slapped a big smiley face on deregulation, got rich while wiping out the poor and middle class of this country so that now the poor have next to nothing and can barely survive and the middle class are the queuing up daily to take the poor's place? You guys did that, right?

So who would you suggest I blame, instead, George? Fate? The Market? Or maybe you think I ought to blame your God, George? That far rightwing fuckup in the sky you and your fundie troglodytes imagine whole clothe; the big GOP God who thinks gays are evil, brown people should just die unless they give up their oil, and white Republicans can do whatever they want to whomever they want with impunity forever.

Hey George, I don't think so. I think if I ever met your silly ass God, I'd spit in his face. But he's not what caused this--and he's not who I'm going to blame.

I'm going to blame the party whose fingerprints are all over this mess--and that party's name is Republican. And its leader is you.

No comments: